No matter how much preparation you do, no one can ever be completely ready for the divorce process. But there are steps you can take and decisions you can make that will put you in the best position to not only survive the process but to come out of it with a new lease on life.
Today’s guest is Olivia St. Clair Long, founder and principal attorney at O. Long Law, and she works with women who are in divorce or considering that option. She’s located near us and known for her straight answers, clear options, and creative legal solutions. We’ve asked her to join us to share some of that professional guidance and provide some tips for anyone in the middle of this emotional change.
There’s so much great wisdom and advice in this episode so if you’re going through a divorce or contemplating it, take a few minutes to listen and reach out to Olivia with any questions.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn on this episode:
· Why cybersecurity is among the first steps you should take care of if you’re going through a divorce. (3:29)
· How the divorce process differs depend on the type of relationship. (8:04)
· Tips women can use if they’re heading into a divorce. (16:35)
· Why mediation can be cost-effective for some people. (19:09)
· Having someone on your side that can take a level-headed approach to the assets. (23:28)
· Be prepared for the amount of mourning that most people experience. (31:30)
Learn more about O. Long Law: https://olonglaw.com/
Join the Purse Strings Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pursestringsco/
To learn more about money and access additional episodes, visit us online: https://pursestrings.co/